• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infuscare

Windows programming

This topic is 5668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been programming for a while, but i''m still not an expert. Anyways, thats beside the point. I''m trying to make an app on windows that has two box I can type in and output text in according to whats in the other... I have not found a decent tutorial for that yet... Anyone know a C++ tutorial for that? _________________________________________ "Why, why why does everyone ask ''''why'''' when ''''how'''' is so much more fun" -Spawn 1997

Advertisement
Are you wanting to have a window with 2 edit boxes, one for input one for output? Look into CreateWindow(Ex) and SendMessage. You may also want to check out the file Windowsx.h (with MSVC 6.0). In particular lines 1004 - 1063 for the macros used for edit boxes.

sort of...

I want to make an encryption program...

If you type in the source box, it will appear as the encrypted version in the encrypted box and if you type (or paste stuff) in the encrypted box, it will appear as the text in the source window...

I'm not very autonomous... I can't just see the function and know how to use it, thats why a tut would be the best

thx

[edited by - infuscare on February 9, 2003 2:11:03 PM]

what''s the point of making a program if all you want to do is copy and paste some source code?

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by niyaw
what''s the point of making a program if all you want to do is copy and paste some source code?

even Carmack performs copy and paste there is nothing wrong about it

It seems I still have not made myself clear

example 1:
------------------------------------------------
Box 1: I input "hello"

Box 2: It outputs "1$@$% @#$%F @^*& @^*& ASD@#"

example 2:
Box 1: It ouputs "hello"

Box 2: I input "1$@$% @#$%F @^*& @^*& ASD@#"

I don''t think I can simplify it any more than this...

yea, I know how to make a basic window (really basic)
Like a window with gray filling, period.

Its because I learned it from a game programming book that moves on to directX without really going indepth to Windows programming.

As for menus, buttons, boxes I know nothing.

Would you happen to have Tricks of Windows Game Programming Gurus? Cuz from your description it sounds suspicously like one.

www.winprog.org (if I remember the address correctly) have good info on windows programming. Have fun!

You can do this very quickly and easily using.. MFC (gasps, faints, frowns, farts, explodes)

Creating a dialog and displaying it should be something you''re OK with. You want a dialog with an input box, an output box, and - I''d recommend - an ''encrypt'' button.

You then add member variables, using ClassWizard, for the input and output boxes (as CStrings). Then, a message handler for the button (BN_CLICKED). In that message handler code, call UpdateData(TRUE) at the beginning, and UpdateData(FALSE) at the end. Between the two, you encode your m_input variable and store it in m_output.

Hope I helped.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates, and when he''s not doing that, runs The Binary Refinery.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!