• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDL installation

This topic is 5491 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi im new here and ran into a problem maybe some of you experienced people could help me out with. I wish the search engine on this forum worked so sorry if this is a repeat. I use visualstudio6.0 and downloaded the SDL from this location: SDL-devel-1.2.5a-VC6.zip I unzipped it and its now a folder "sdl-1.2.5" on my desktop. Im abit uneasy about where to put the components of the folder. I figured I would drop the LIB and INCLUDE things into my vc++ lib and include folders respectively, but wanted to make sure thats all i needed to do or that i was going about this in the right way. Thanks for the help. I searched on google but didnt find any of the results helpful. thank you for your time,

Advertisement
What exactly is your problem? I think you might have forgotten to put down what the problem is .

By the way, you can sort of search GDnet through Google by adding to your query: site:gamedev.net. Hope that helps!

o sorry. I just wanted to know how to get SDL installed so I could use it in vc++. Should I just place the SDL lib and includes into my vc++ includes and libs folder?

no -- just leave them where they are and open your copy of vc++
click on the Tools menu, select Options
this pops up a dialog
click on the directories tab
add to the list the directories you want to use

• Advertisement