SDL installation

Started by
3 comments, last by bertino12 21 years, 2 months ago
Hi im new here and ran into a problem maybe some of you experienced people could help me out with. I wish the search engine on this forum worked so sorry if this is a repeat. I use visualstudio6.0 and downloaded the SDL from this location: SDL-devel-1.2.5a-VC6.zip I unzipped it and its now a folder "sdl-1.2.5" on my desktop. Im abit uneasy about where to put the components of the folder. I figured I would drop the LIB and INCLUDE things into my vc++ lib and include folders respectively, but wanted to make sure thats all i needed to do or that i was going about this in the right way. Thanks for the help. I searched on google but didnt find any of the results helpful. thank you for your time,
Advertisement
What exactly is your problem? I think you might have forgotten to put down what the problem is .

By the way, you can sort of search GDnet through Google by adding to your query: site:gamedev.net. Hope that helps!
When you go homeTell them of us, and say:For your tomorrow,We gave our today.
o sorry. I just wanted to know how to get SDL installed so I could use it in vc++. Should I just place the SDL lib and includes into my vc++ includes and libs folder?
no -- just leave them where they are and open your copy of vc++
click on the Tools menu, select Options
this pops up a dialog
click on the directories tab
add to the list the directories you want to use
-PoesRaven
Thank you very much! Take care :]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement