• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigFatBaby

Forcing the screen to render...

This topic is 5670 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello everybody, im kind of a newbie to opengl, i have the basics down and a little more but i need help in the technical procedures... i have a project in VC++ 6.0 containing 4 diffrent views (though they are derived from the same base class). the base class has a "RenderScene" function in which i have to put all the drawings in... but it is called only in the views scope. i added a message handler on a formview to add a cube object into the OGL space, but the views dont redraw untill an WM_DRAW message is intercepted by the view class... im using mfc and i have no idea how to redraw the OGL views on command... i would appriciate any suggestions and would be glad to help on my part to anyone i can... thanks in advance

Advertisement
please my friends, im in a desperate nedd of help, its for my high-school final project...

if something isnt clear i''de be glad to clarify...

glFlush(). I think think there is a command to send the WM_DRAW event to Windows, probably slow. there is something like that in vb which is why I suggest it. MFC kinda sucks for real-time opengl.

My Homepage

You need to call UpdateWindow() on the Window you wish to redraw if you want to force a redraw.
This results in a WM_PAINT message.

Hope this helps!

ALex

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!