Forcing the screen to render...

Started by
4 comments, last by BigFatBaby 21 years, 2 months ago
hello everybody, im kind of a newbie to opengl, i have the basics down and a little more but i need help in the technical procedures... i have a project in VC++ 6.0 containing 4 diffrent views (though they are derived from the same base class). the base class has a "RenderScene" function in which i have to put all the drawings in... but it is called only in the views scope. i added a message handler on a formview to add a cube object into the OGL space, but the views dont redraw untill an WM_DRAW message is intercepted by the view class... im using mfc and i have no idea how to redraw the OGL views on command... i would appriciate any suggestions and would be glad to help on my part to anyone i can... thanks in advance
----------------------------------------------------------I dont have syntax error....Only logical ones...
Advertisement
please my friends, im in a desperate nedd of help, its for my high-school final project...

if something isnt clear i''de be glad to clarify...
----------------------------------------------------------I dont have syntax error....Only logical ones...
If you use doublebuffers, do you swap the buffers, at the end of your drawing?

Height Map Editor | Eternal lands
glFlush(). I think think there is a command to send the WM_DRAW event to Windows, probably slow. there is something like that in vb which is why I suggest it. MFC kinda sucks for real-time opengl.

My Homepage
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
You need to call UpdateWindow() on the Window you wish to redraw if you want to force a redraw.
This results in a WM_PAINT message.

Hope this helps!

ALex
thanks, and for you reduprv, i m using double buffering... does it help in any way?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement