• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectX 9 C# SDK

This topic is 5489 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Getting a bit frustrated here, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I''m fairly experienced with C++ and have been trying to get the SDK installed for C#. Since I just relocated, I don''t yet have a broadband connection, so I''ve had to download the partial SDK downloads (C++ and now the C# SDK.) I downloaded the SDKs, and have had no problems with the C++ SDK (works like a charm), however after installing the C# SDK and trying to compile one of the sample programs I got the error message saying it could not find Microsoft.DirectX.dll. In fact after an extensive search of my hard drive, even I can''t find the DLL. I can''t find ANY of the DX9 C# dlls. They weren''t installed with the SDK. I tried searching through the SDK installer files and they weren''t even a part of the SDK. All the samples, binaries, etc came out ok, but no DLLs to use for refrences. So my question is this: Is there something else I need to download from msdn in order to compile a C# DirectX project?
DracosX: Master of the General Protection Fault

Advertisement
Look up mdxredist.msi in the sdk and install it. See if that helps.

Thanks, but it seems the managed DX redist doesn''t exist either. I''m probably going to have to download the 80+ meg developer runtime to get the assemblies. I hate dial-up.

It wouldn''t be so bad if I didn''t have a deadline... Oh well.

DracosX:

Master of the General Protection Fault

go to the directx 9 sdk download site and download the developer run-time.
i had the same problem and now its working.

• Advertisement