• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgruber

Hasbro strikes again!

This topic is 6904 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
thats pretty funny considering how Hasbro has fought and lost a case exactly like this before.

How can hasbro possibly own the copyright to Monopoly, especially after its been proven that it was public domain before someone ripped off the game?

===============================================
If there is a witness to my little life,
To my tiny throes and struggles,
He sees a fool;
And it is not fine for gods to menace fools.

Edited by - Mithrandir on May 15, 2000 2:28:35 PM

Some facts, taken from this page.

-Despite what Hasbro would have you believe the board game was not created in 1933 by Charles Darrow
-Monopoly was created by Elizabeth Magie Phillips in around 1908
-The original board game is in the public domain
-The owners of the trademarked Monopoly board game have been aware of this since 1935

===============================================
If there is a witness to my little life,
To my tiny throes and struggles,
He sees a fool;
And it is not fine for gods to menace fools.

I hate Assbro! I have NOT played an Assbro title since the news broke of the lawsuit. First, they start this suit, second, they raid http://www.freearcade.com, now this? Where does it stop? Hasbro is building a monopoly by their abuse of copyright.

Shinryuu64
Solenoid Software Interactive
http://solenoid.50megs.com
shinryu64@kiss-my.as

This is what happens when a bunch of greedy execs sit down in a meeting and say:

"Hm, I feel like a raise."
"Yeah, me too! But how do we make money?"
"New games?"
"Nah, creative talent is too expensive..."
"I''ve got it! Sue people for making clones of those age-old Atari games we bought a while back!"
"Brilliant! Promotions for all!!!"

I mean, Hasbro is personally trying to stifle the development of the gaming industry, currently the fastest growing media industry in the world. Capitalism at its finest.

P.S. I''m with you Nick. Let''s boycott those bastards.

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com

Guest Anonymous Poster
It wouldn''t be so bad, this Hasbro thing I mean,if Hasbro''s games were actually GOOD- but Hasbro''s games are not too hot,so Hasbro claiming someone is making cheap ripoffs is well,sad & funny at the same time. The cheap ripoffs are better.

I already told my father NOT to buy anything with the "Hasbro" word on it. It shouldn''t be hard anyway, as they make shitty games. It''s a shame that the only way to make decent games is to make 3D updated copies of them. Assbro is only fooling themselves.

Shinryuu64
Solenoid Software Interactive
http://solenoid.50megs.com
shinryu64@kiss-my.as

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!