• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

class/loop

This topic is 5494 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i''m actually referring to a question in java application programming... but the loops and format are very similar to c/c++... i wrote a class that draws three random numbers and return a string for each one to the actual program... however.. when i create the "deal" object... deal deck = new deal(); it is supposed to return the value randomly picked into the object deck... and if i do a System.out.println(deck); it will work perfectly fine... however... i want to be able to loop around and randomly choose 20 deck values... do i have to use an array or am i just not looping it correctly? while(blah > 0) { for(int count = 1; count < 21; count++) { deal deck = new deal(); System.out.println(deck); } blah = 0; } now this is a very generic example, but it should work in my opinion... but what it seems to do is prints the same drawn variables from the class.... 20 times... when its supposed to draw random values... WHICH IT DOES the first time...

Advertisement

• Advertisement