oops...

Started by
2 comments, last by DarkMage139 23 years, 11 months ago
I made a post about "Message boards support HTML". I had several window browsers up and forgot that the one I was currently using was the General and Game Programming discussion, not the GDNet lounge. In a frantic move, I deleted my message, and rendered the entire thread worthless. oops. ---- NOTE: I realize that since this doesn''t have much about game programming, so here''s my peace offering: ---- TOTWGPG Freakout: The Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus has that example game "Freakout." However, Andre LaMothe didn''t make it very object oriented, and it resemble a C program and not much of a C++ program. I''ve rewritten the game to have classes, here they are: CBall, CBlock, CPaddle, CGame
Instead of having Game_Main, it''s now Game->Main();

OK, so that wasn''t very useful, but at least I''ve analyzed Andre LaMothe''s coding style. He''s hooked on C.
No offense meant by that comment.

----
Oh, BTW, I need an opensource landscape engine. Anyone willing to give a link? - DarkMage139 "Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!" "Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139
Advertisement
seems to work pretty good for him.
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
I believe one of the reasons that Andre wrote his examples in the book in C is simply to make the examples easier to read and also so that the book would appeal to non c++ programmers. It is more difficult to show small code snippets and quick examples when writing in C++. Im my opinion anyway

Yeah, Steveo, you''re probably right.

Still, I''ve changed the way the program does things now. I''m an Object Oriented kind of guy!!!

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement