What do you think THIS means?

Started by
0 comments, last by SHilbert 23 years, 11 months ago
What do you think it means when a small publisher emails YOU, wanting you to write games for them for scratch? Does this mean that they''re in desparate need of products to publish, or that they''re really interested in your skills? lntakitopi@aol.com | http://geocities.com/guanajam/
Advertisement
I would probably say they like the idea of producing games, but don''t have a clue on where to start or how, and so have found you. Hoping that if they can get a cool game programmer they can grow and become a large succesful company.
Sounds good, but you should check into the history of the company or previous companies owned. Maybe go in for an interview ask why they want you to produce games. If there intent on producing games they''ll tell you they''re serious, if there not you''ll get an answer like "We want to publish games to put us up on the market." Or something like that.

Take into acount that I''m not a publisher neither do I know anything about running a publishing business. So I could be very wrong.
However I hope this helped!
See ya,
Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement