Detecting other running apps.

Started by
4 comments, last by cyberben 23 years, 11 months ago
Hello and good evening! (or morning, depends where you are) I''m writing a small function that will check out the system to see if my game will run on it. Everything''s fine so far, I can check the CPU and OS. What I need now is to check if there are other running applications in the background, I know it''s possible but I don''t remember what API''s to use. Anybody? Thanks! - Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
Advertisement
Just thought that seems how I posted this way late at night, I''d bring some attention back to it. Anybody have any idea?
See ya,
Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
There is a way. I don''t know it, but there is . I would check for other threads running, and see what they are. Odviously there are gonna be some nessecary programs running (like some OS stuff), but thats probably a bad way. DONT quote me plz, im just high right now.
One of the programs that comes with Dev Studio lists all running processes. Is it WinSpy? or ?? I can''t remember. Anyway, check there. I believe you can get the source code if you check the box "include MFC source code" in the Dev Studio install.

Of course, this is all from remote memory, so I may be full of it. If I am, sorry!

It''s Spy++
Actually its process viewer. Spy++ shows controls stuff

OneEyeLessThanNone
Candy makes you dandy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement