• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisE

Video card Compatbility Testing

This topic is 6912 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m going to be doing a lot of compatibility testing over the next few months. If you have any problems with the Power Render demos and a particular video card please respond and tell me the exact kind of card and OS you have. I am trying to fix up any problems with older cards. The newer Matrox, 3Dfx, and Nvidia AGP cards all seem to work well PR. Chris

Advertisement
It''s very slow with my Voodoo 2 card and also particles look blocky, that''s the reason I haven''t upgraded to PR3 yet...

Voodoo banshee ..is giving problems .. like character gets rendered improperly ..

I have it working under Voodoo Banshee now, by using wbuffering instead of zbuffering. I''m going to do some further testing on other cards to make sure this change is going to be fine and then release a new version of the library and examples.

Thats great! can''t wait to test it.. anyways will the newer libraries work on any cards or only on V2 Banshee.

cheers,
Nat

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!