• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PestilencE

Object importing from files

This topic is 6915 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im a visual c programmer and im currently writing on my on 3d engine. I up to now am ready with nearly everything,however I still have problems with object implementation. Any ideas how to import & admin objects from script files ( i.e. similiar to Unreal with its script .u files?)? Ah yes,before I forget, how should I write a frame rate limiter that automatically adjusts screen redraw rate dependent from the objects currently visible? Thank you, PestilencE mess with the best,die like the rest - Hackers ( 1995 ?)

Advertisement
My suggestion would be not to write a frame rate limiter, but rather a "time limiter". I saw a good example of this in the DX SDK D3DX Tentacle demo. (Its not really D3D Specific if your not using D3D). The script files I cant think of a really good way off the top of my head.

What is a man without goals? A dead man.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!