Java

Started by
3 comments, last by yaroslavd 21 years, 1 month ago
Is Java efficient enough for making a game? The graphics are probably gonna be FF6-quality. Will it lag/blink? I really prefer it over C++. Also, if I do use Java, should I use AWT, Swing, or a 3d-party API for graphics?
Advertisement
Anyone?
This question would get better responses in programming forum. Try the Game Programming or the General Programming forums.

This one is for ART.
He IS asking about the graphics quality though, so I''m gonna throw him a bone

Java is fine. In fact, it sounds like you are a bit of a newbie, so Java''s goign to be better and safer. (NO need to worry about specifying memory stuff etc).

Java''s gonna cover everything you need. When you get into graphics, your really looking at what API your going to deal with. I''d look into DirectX.

Truthfully, if you don''t know the answer to this question, you have a LOT of other things to worry about first before you start worrying about graphics content!

- T. Wade Murphy
Thanks. I know graphics aren''t the most important part of the game, but I need to think about that before I pick the language I''m gonna use. Also, I don''t wanna use DirectX or OpenGL. I think I wanna stick with 2D. Anyone know of any good 2D API''s for Java? I''m probably gonna stick with Java 2D, unless it''s not efficient enough.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement