as stuck as you could possibly get

Started by
2 comments, last by demonrealms 21 years, 1 month ago
Hey, I''m in part II chapter 5 in tricks of the game programming gerus 2nd edition. Well he''s talking about direct x now but doesn''t tell how to set it up. I''m using visual c++ 6.0 compiler. Anone know how to set it up. I got my dxsdk dir in c:\directx\dxf Thanks -Demon Realms
Advertisement
If you installed the SDK, then it should have set everything up automatically. If it still doesn''t work, you probably need to set the include paths to search the directX folders. I can''t remember where the include paths are, but look under options type menus for something talking about "directories." You''ll want the directX directories at the top of the list of directories. If it STILL doesn''t work, then you should manually include the files in the project under the file tab in the project window.
Once you have your workspace/project loaded in MSVC then go to tools->options, along the top find the tab "Directories", this will allow you to specify locations for your DX headers and libs where the comiler will look when used in your project.

[edited by - Spudder on March 1, 2003 4:44:10 PM]
The code in that book is buggy, plus, I''m not a big fan of the way the tutorials teach. And to top it all off, it''s for DDraw, which is not nearly as fast as D3D.

If you''re interested in making a game, I have made an engine which will create the same results as what you will find in the first parts of that book. If you''re interested, I also have written tutorials on how to set it up. You can IM me on AOL Instant Messenger: ArmySarj .

--Vic--

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement