Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trouble with Extensions

This topic is 5400 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m tring to implement the GL_NV_vertex_array_range extension for my terrain engine. I''ve read a tutorial on google and a lot of the nvidia stuff on it. When I allocate the memory using wglAllocateMemoryNV() it works fine, but then it suffers a runtime error and crashes. Anyone had this same experience? Any general pointers on using the GL_NV_vertex_array_range? ------------------- Realm Games Company

quote:

When I allocate the memory using wglAllocateMemoryNV() it works fine, but then it suffers a runtime error and crashes.

Where exactly does it crash ?

I''m not sure, that''s the thing. Its a runtime error. See, right now I''m just making these calls once durin initialization(I''ve already got the extensions tested for and all setup):

unsigned char* agpMemory;

agpMemory = (unsigned char *)wglAllocateMemoryNV(size,0.2f, 0.2f, 0.5f);

glVertexArrayRangeNV(size,agpMemory);
glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY_RANGE_NV);

size is the the width*depth of my height map multipled by the sizeof my vector class (which is 3 floats). And this is called when the program exits:

wglFreeMemoryNV(agpMemory);

Now the debugger goes over these calls without a problem, no crash or anything, and I ran through my render loop about 12 times with the debugger, but it didn''t still didn''t crash. But windows freaks out and an error pops up saying this:

Runtime Error!

Program: blah/client.exe

Abnormal Program termination

Its a runtime error, so it must be happening somewhere along the rendering loop. I have no idea, I just wondering if anyone has had problems like this themselves, and if so, what caused them and how did they fix em. I apologize if I''m not being clear enough.

-------------------
Realm Games Company