Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatOne

Trouble with Extensions

Hi, I''m tring to implement the GL_NV_vertex_array_range extension for my terrain engine. I''ve read a tutorial on google and a lot of the nvidia stuff on it. When I allocate the memory using wglAllocateMemoryNV() it works fine, but then it suffers a runtime error and crashes. Anyone had this same experience? Any general pointers on using the GL_NV_vertex_array_range? ------------------- Realm Games Company

quote:

When I allocate the memory using wglAllocateMemoryNV() it works fine, but then it suffers a runtime error and crashes.

Where exactly does it crash ?

I''m not sure, that''s the thing. Its a runtime error. See, right now I''m just making these calls once durin initialization(I''ve already got the extensions tested for and all setup):

unsigned char* agpMemory;

agpMemory = (unsigned char *)wglAllocateMemoryNV(size,0.2f, 0.2f, 0.5f);

glVertexArrayRangeNV(size,agpMemory);
glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY_RANGE_NV);

size is the the width*depth of my height map multipled by the sizeof my vector class (which is 3 floats). And this is called when the program exits:

wglFreeMemoryNV(agpMemory);

Now the debugger goes over these calls without a problem, no crash or anything, and I ran through my render loop about 12 times with the debugger, but it didn''t still didn''t crash. But windows freaks out and an error pops up saying this:

Runtime Error!

Program: blah/client.exe

Abnormal Program termination

Its a runtime error, so it must be happening somewhere along the rendering loop. I have no idea, I just wondering if anyone has had problems like this themselves, and if so, what caused them and how did they fix em. I apologize if I''m not being clear enough.

-------------------
Realm Games Company