Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Link

Why my image in the game are fade?

For example i make an image with my Graphic Api, with perfect black, when i start the game that image is fade, so that black is near at dark grey. When a dark blue it showed like a light blue... Why? by what do it depend?

quote:
Original post by sporff
need WAY more info than that.

Can u explain better? Please

Guest Anonymous Poster
Nobody understands what you are saying, Link. We need more information to help you.

i make an image, for example with photoshop, in this image there is for example the black, when i start my game that use that image i can''t see a pretty black but the image is fade, blur and i look it like a very dark grey but not just black!
Why? I think it depend because my pc resolution is 1400*800 and my game is 800*600...
Do u confirm if it depend by that?

The resolution that Windows uses won''t affect the resolution that your game uses, and in turn...won''t affect the graphics.

ok then by what it depend? i use D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 for the buffer and the surface when for the alpha image use for the surface D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8

I think that most monitors these days save a set of config values per resolution that it supports so if in the resolution you use for your desktop is 1400x800, your brightness and contrast settings could be set in such a way to give you the right color tonage. However, you might not have set the brightness and contrast for 800x600 like you''re used to and it happens to be brighter. So, adjust those settings on your monitor while in 800x600.

Join the World Wide Revolution:

quote:
Original post by neurokaotix
I think that most monitors these days save a set of config values per resolution that it supports so if in the resolution you use for your desktop is 1400x800, your brightness and contrast settings could be set in such a way to give you the right color tonage. However, you might not have set the brightness and contrast for 800x600 like you''re used to and it happens to be brighter. So, adjust those settings on your monitor while in 800x600.

Join the World Wide Revolution:

sorry i use 1400*1050!