Game programming colleges

Started by
10 comments, last by HellspawnXIII 21 years, 1 month ago
Of course it will. You will learn.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I would say that a game development school was the best option.
Digipen focuses specifically on Game Development, while Full Sail
also deals with other stuff like film, recording arts and computer animation. Therefore, I think that for a guy trying to get into the games industry, Digipen is the best choice (its also
much cheaper)

Much cheaper? You have to be kidding me. According to the tuition costs I calculated based on the information on the digipen site the 4 year course costs $50,000 plus housing.

As for Full Sail''s film and animation stuff, those are different degree programs at most as a game design student you''ll spend 8 or so classes learning some of the basics so when you get out in the game industry and choose a specialty like sound programming you''ll know how a basic sound console operates, or if your doing an animation tool, how to build a timeline based interface that is similar to those currently in use by artists or movie professionals all around. Knowing things doesn''t work against you when trying to find a job.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement