Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmoses

Split Screen?

Hey, I''m writing a win32 (not MFC) app and I need a split screen where about 75% of the window is openGL and the rightmost part of the screen is something like a dialog with buttons and checkbox''s, (kinda like how 3d studio max or Milkshape work but I dont need four views, just 1)... I understand how to make dialogs pretty good, but how to make one a part of the main window I dunno. Whatda guys think? thanks

Why don''t you just make the dialog with the glwindow as a child, but I have never tried it so I don''t know if it works.

Using glViewport will not help I think since the whole window will be used by OpenGL even though you just paint in the viewport.

// Javelin
-- Why do something today when you can do it tomorrow... --

Errr. Yeah, I don''t know how to make a OpenGL window a child of a dialog, so uh... Does anyone know where I could find some tutorials or something?

Making a child window the window opengl draws to will work just fine. Hell, if you want you could use a static control with opengl and save yourself the trouble of writing another window procedure.

p.s. if you'd like some example win32 code, lemme know. I could whip something up really quickly and email it to you.

[edited by - microdot on March 2, 2003 10:45:28 AM]

Awww. I wish I had that link before I started my project, I''m a lot better with MFC than win32 I just didn''t know how to put the OGL window into MFC. Oh well, too late now...

Yeah microdot, I''d love if you could whip me up some example code or just an empty little project with a splitscreen thing going on, that would great. My email is xjohnmosesx@hotmail.com When you got the time!

thanks guys