Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boco

Visual SourceSafe

I have VS.NET Professional and I was wondering if it comes with Visual SourceSafe. The back of the box is kind of cryptic about it. Does anybody know if SourceSafe comes with VS.NET Professional? Thanks for your time. ____________________ -Boco

Nope, only Enterprise. However, SourceSafe didn''t change between 6 and 7, so if you can *ahem* acquire a copy of the Enterprise VS6, you can get SS from there

Ok, thanks for the answer. I don''t suppose there are free source control utilities available, right? If there are, could you hook me up with a link?

quote:
Original post by Boco
Ok, thanks for the answer. I don't suppose there are free source control utilities available, right? If there are, could you hook me up with a link?

Concurrent Versions System

all free, all the time.

[edited by - aftermath on March 2, 2003 1:02:52 AM]

Also, Subversion is another free (free, and open under the Apache License) source control system ''in development'' which aims to be like CVS but without some of its annoyances.

It is not done yet (as I said), but you may be interested in taking a look at it anyway (the Subversion source is self hosting already, for what it''s worth).

It''s source control. Theoretically it''s supposed to keep two people from working on the same file at the same time, and give a repository that is easy to back up and which theoretically contains the most recent code so people can synch up.

-fel

heh @ "theoretically"

Subversion is good, btw... Soon you will be able to use it from within VS.NET

"If there is a God, he is a malign thug."
-- Mark Twain