Questions from the Absolute Newbie

Started by
6 comments, last by Soccerman4 21 years, 1 month ago
Hey,I''m extremely new to everything that deals with programming and stuff....and i''ve got some questions about Truespace. Do you need something like Adobe to use Truespace?Do you need Programming Skills to do computer animation?if so what language? although i''ll never be able to afford 3Ds MAX or Maya truespace looks like it fits my price range....Anyway i''m in need of massive help!!!cya
I exist.
Advertisement
I''ve truespace as well and I don''t know how to use it well, but I made a monster with it....
If anyone finds a good tutorial well post it plz...
PS I don''t think you need to learn a language to do animations with it
Thanks dude. Does anybody have any books they can recommend for learning Truespace...I want to learn how to Animate and stuff but since i''m very newbie at this i don''t wanna jump right in and go buying maya and 3Ds MAX...What about Blender?
I exist.
I think there''s a free version of Maya4, for people who want to learn it. I think that the restriction (probably a few more) is that when you render the image, it''ll put a watermark of some sort on it.
Also, if you want to learn to model stuff in 3d Studio Max, there is a version called gMAX, that also is free. The restriction in that is that you cannot render at all (it''s for people who want to make models for games), and I think animation is supported there aswell.

Maybe you want to check these two programs out and see how it is, before you buy TrueSpace. There''s plenty of tutorials out there for 3d Studio Max, so you should get started rather quickly with that

Or just rush into it and buy TrueSpace and have no restrictions at all!

oh.. almost forgot, don''t forget to show us your art
Thanks for the info....Whats a watermark? Isn''t a free Maya 4.0 version illegal? Do you need artistic skills to use Maya and Truespace etc....?
thanks for the help!

I exist.
There are 2 versions of Maya. A free one(hey if it's free then I dont think it's illegal to have it) and the commercial. I think the free one saves in a different format and a Watermark it's kinda hard to describe... well the best way to show that is to see it. Some Yahoo! pages have a Watermark in them if that helps..

[edited by - Coz on March 2, 2003 1:49:43 PM]
quote:
Whats a watermark?

An invisible signature or code that is included in an image. The image can be identified by that code. It can prove that the free version was used create commercial pictures (which is illegal). Good watermarks even survive printing and scanning.

quote:
Isn't a free Maya 4.0 version illegal?

No, not the PLE version.

quote:
Do you need artistic skills to use Maya and Truespace etc....?

Would be highly advisable to get good results

quote:
well the best way to show that is to see it.

You can't see a watermark, that's the whole purpose of it. A visible tag or signature is something different (but often combined with an invisible watermark). I don't know what the PLE version uses (I use the commercial version), but I guess both.

[edited by - Yann L on March 2, 2003 1:55:56 PM]
Actaully Yann the watermark in Maya PLE is very visible. It''s over all your renders and your workspace(so you can''t screenshot stuff without the watermark). gMax won''t let you export apart from to a few game formats and even then you probably need to buy the game first so you can get the exporter.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement