Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Truespace Questions from Newbie

This topic is 5398 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

it would be interesting which version of truespace you mean...

well,skills,umn...if you are starting form scratch,you have to learn a lot.but this isn´t only truespace,it´s all rendersoftware.or more specific:rendering ,modeling and animating is a very ,very wide field.
start with the basics:how to use the interface...
which button is what...
try to do a simple sphere,paint it,and render it as bitmap...

normally there is also a litte tutorial movie,which comes with ts...

truespace mostly uses right- or leftklick for menu and navigate.rightklick at a button of the bar,and normally the menu will pop up,with many other buttons.

problem with ts 4 and higher is its complex interface with lots of buttons and submenus.but as i said,this is a problem with all rendersoftware.but after a while it is very fast to work with ts.you still have to know which button does what...

therefor i would suggest you to start with truespace version 1.it´s the first one from 1996 ,and doesn´t have this much buttons to confuse you *g*
search for this version.it`s free
after two or three days of playing around,you could switch to the newer one,this makes the buttons interface a bit clearer...

if i would have started with my current verison,i would have been lost with the interface...

adobe photoshop necessary for truespace?LOL.i heard that you could use some plugins from photoshop in ts 6 for post process rendering.but ts is standalone...still working with version 4.3...

good place for truespace plugins and tutorials is for example this place:

http://www.lunadude.com/rsrc_trueSpace.htm

or go to google and insert the following words:
truespace tutorial

hope that helped a bit *g*

tilesets games sprites
http://www.reinerstileset.de