Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bugsbunny

AUX_RGBImageRec

I''m working my way thru the NeHe''s tutorial using mingw and the source files for visual-c++. All the compilations have worked without errors until lesson 6. When I compile lesson 6, I get the following error: Executing make... make.exe -f "C:\Projects\OpenGl\Makefile.win" all g++.exe -c main.cpp -o main.o -I"C:/MinGW/include/c++" -I"C:/MinGW/include" -D STRICT main.cpp:56: `AUX_RGBImageRec'' undeclared (first use this function) make.exe: *** [main.o] Error 1 Execution terminated I''ll appreciate some help please

1. Find yourself a glaux.h header and the appropriate library. Remember that GLaux is a dead library, it''s unsupported, buggy, and not portable.

2. Skip to a tutorial that doesn''t use GLaux for texture loading (see tutorial twenty something that covers TGA loading).

I tried to skip to Lesson number 22 which is based on Lesson 6. But I felt a gap in my knowledge which made it dificult to understand. If Glut is buggy and old, is there an alternative which is better ? If so is there a tutorial for that alternative ? I''ll appreciate some URL''s please

Thanx