Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharky

Yes, another one...

Moderator: I hope this is in the right forum.. it is DirectX related! Having received e-mails from people on these forums requiring help with particular DirectX related coding/problems/etc. I decided to take a shot at developing a DirectX-related game development site. Hence the post''s title "Yes, another one..." I am hoping to build a collection of useful tutorials aimed at all levels of game developer, too. Where have you heard that before, eh? At the moment there are a few dealing with 2D graphics under DirectX9; nothing at all complicated or groundbreaking. On a serious note I have received a fair amount of requests for help from programmers new to DirectX but who have experience of C/C++. With that in mind I took the step to base the tutorials on DirectX9 (primarily the Direct3D component) and good old C/C++. As an extension to this I also decided to start out with some real basic tutorials so that (a) I had some content for the site and (b) so that I didn''t have to work too hard It is early days and (due to work commitments) I don''t get as much time as I would like to spend on the site. To be honest it''s hard to get the motivation going sometimes, too... But feel free to take a look at the site, suggest improvements, whatever. And if you know of anyone starting out with DirectX then please feel free to point them to the site. You can find the site here. Regards, Sharky