Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strategy Game, please help me

This topic is 5402 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello programmers, I''m planning to make an Strategy Game, but i don''t know what I need to make this project. I have the MS Visual C++ 6.0, and 3D Studio Max 4.0, I need more anything ???? I want to do game like StarCraft... equal but with my units, textures, etc, Info about StarCraft: http://www.blizzard.com

Since you''re asking what materials you need to make a game, I''ll assume that you''ve never made a game before. (Really sorry if I''m wrong about this).

If this is going to be your first game, my advice is don''t . Don''t even try to make a clone of Starcraft right from the start. I guarantee that you will get discouraged and never finish this project, because RTSes like Starcraft are deceptively huge and brain-draining projects. I hate to repeat myself about this again and again, but here it is: start small. Even the most insignificant seeming games like Tetris, Pong or Pacman have an incredible amount of complexity behind the scenes.

Besides, why would you want to clone Starcraft replacing everything with your own units? That''s just plain boring. Something new and creative is always a more interesting project than a rehash of an old game.

Hi,

So, i''m not interested about clone Starcraft, but make a similar game (RTS), other history, other levels, other visual menus...

About brain-draining, i''m not a programmer, i''m 3D designer and i''m one of 10 people in the team, only search info to begin our grand project.

My question is this:

Is this materials to make an RTS like StarCraft ???