Linker error using DirectShow

Started by
4 comments, last by HellspawnXIII 21 years, 1 month ago
I am making a game that I would like to use DirectShow, so I downloaded the 8.1 SDK, and I keep getting this linker error (using Microsoft VC++ 6.0) about ''an unresolved external symbol _IID_IGraphBuilder''. Anyone know what this is about? What lib files do I need to include in my project? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
HellspawnXIII"There's a lot of stuff in this world that needs stepping on."
Advertisement
amstrmid.lib

(IIRC: Active Movie STReaMing ID''s)

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Holy cow! Just about every definition in amstrmid.lib is giving me grief, totaling 358 linker errors! Here is the output:

amstrmid.lib(strmiids.obj) : error LNK2005: _IID_IKsPropertySet already defined in ChaosSphere.obj

Except imagine 357 more of those with varying symbols. It''s already defined in my game (ChaosSphere)? What is going on?

However, the original _IID_GraphBuilder is no longer an error, so that got fixed.
you #defined INITGUID in some source files but not in others. don''t use it and link with appropriate libs instead.
<gasp!> My saviors!
Thank you both very much, my game is one step closer to completion.

Thank you again,
HellspawnXIII
Okay, new problem: I render an mp3, play it, stop it, render a new mp3 and play that one and the old one is still going. They''re both playing at the same time! Do I need to make a new GraphBuilder for every mp3 I want to play? Or can I just ''unload'' the old mp3 and load the new one? I''ve checked out MSDN but none of the functions seemed to do any ''unloading'' except for the ->Release(). Any thoughts?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement