Question about taking console programs to another computer

Started by
7 comments, last by Digigamer15 21 years, 1 month ago
I''m trying to save some of the console programs I''ve made on a cd and take them to a job interview so I can desplay them but so far I can only open the console programs that are really simple, the other more complex ones won''t open so I figured I''m missing some library file or something. So my question is how can I put the files I need on this cd so that the console apps will open on another computer. btw the includes I''m using are #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> #include <ctime> #include <cstdlib> #include <stdlib.h> (donno if that has anything to do with it or not) also im using MS Visual C++.net and DevC++ ----------------------------- Programming is confussing! AIM: Trebor DoD
-----------------------------AIM: Trebor DoDHompage: Thinking Digitally: My Web Blog
Advertisement
the includes you are using are standard, and if the computer doesn''t have those files somewhere on the computer for programs to use, the person who built that computer should have their flesh burned. it is possible that because .net is still new, that some computers arnt compatable with the programs it makes (this could be because the compiler isnt compatiable with some OS''s). but since you are using dev c++, this maybe a different problem. can you try giving more information, what is happeneing when you tryu to open these programs?

----------------------
i code therefore i am.

Aero DX - Coming to a bored Monitor near you!
----------------------i code therefore i am.Aero DX - Coming to a bored Monitor near you!
Neen10do- I''m accually using Microsoft Visusual C++ .NET. I have Dev-C++ but I didn''t use it to make my program. The computer I''m taking this too does not have any complier on it and the error I get when I try to run it is:

"The application failed to intalize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok to terminate program."

Any ideas? Any help at all is appriciated.

-----------------------------
Programming is confussing!
AIM: Trebor DoD
-----------------------------AIM: Trebor DoDHompage: Thinking Digitally: My Web Blog
Perhaps you should go here and get the latest patches as well as the .net framework stuff and see if it works.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
smart_idiot- thanks for trying but I''m 99% sure thats not what the problem is. I''ll download these patches anyways though.

Just a shot in the dark here, but does this only happen when you
try to execute the programs from the cd? Because if the prog needs to use some temporary files or something, it''ll crash because the directory is write-protected?

You never said where you tried that program, since if you tried to launch the programs from the cd and they didn''t work, it''s not because of some system-files, it''s either essential files that your code needs, or that the directory can''t be writeprotected.
As said, just a wild shot
are you using the debug version?

Set the build settings to the release version ans try again.
Programmers of the world, UNTIE!
MattS423- whoa ok how do I do that?

in vc++ 6 it''s "Build->Set Active Configuration" and select release.

I don''t know about .net though...it might be diffrent
Programmers of the world, UNTIE!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement