• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DyDx

Pong w/ SDL completed except for one thing...

This topic is 5615 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, I just finished my first complete 2d game, a simple implementation of pong using SDL. Here is the source code and executable (SDL.dll included) - http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4kqtt/pong.rar My problem: due to the way input is taken by SDL (in main.cpp), sometimes the paddles move at a crawl. Most of the time they''re fine, but sometimes for a-hard-to-pinpoint reason, it slows down a LOT. I don''t know how to fix this but I have an idea: change it so that if both left and right are pressed at the same time, the x velocity is changed to 0? This might fix it, but I can''t check because I''m not sure how to check for multiple keys being pressed at once with SDL - I''ll look into that. Thanks.

Advertisement
if you have problems with the link, paste this in another browser window:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4kqtt/

and select "Save link as..." or "Save target as..." (or to that extent) on the DOWNLOAD link and save it to your harddrive, changing the extension to say .rar

[edited by - DyDx on March 2, 2003 11:13:16 PM]

I downloaded. But then while extracting, I got a CRC check failed error on every single file.

Downloaded it.
Played it with a friend of mine for half an hour. (I won =D)
Sorry, your error didn''t occur. Maybe it''s because of a sudden framerate drop?? Check your CPU usage when it drops.

quote:
Original post by RizMan
I downloaded. But then while extracting, I got a CRC check failed error on every single file.

Bah, I''ll put it in a zip instead of a rar when I get home later. (I''m at school now)

It''s ok. I downloaded it again. Now it works. Must have been a problem during the download.
Anyway I noticed your problem but I can''t tell you what to do. I''m quite new to SDL too. Started to work with it only a few days ago.

Anyway, the game looks nice. Reminds me of my first steps on my dad''s computer

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!