Question...

Started by
1 comment, last by RanBlade 21 years, 1 month ago
I have been making a game in Win32 API... it was a simple hangman game.. i was just wondeirng if i should just drop doing it there and pick it up in OpenGL ... I mean I would do this to teach myself because I have never done any openGL before. but can things like a hangman game where u enter a text letter into a box and have it check see if its part of the word and if not add the head and if it is replace that part of the word on the screen with the letter? Iam just curious. any info would be great. thanks

Eric Ranaldi a.k.a RanBlade

[size=1]"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...

[size=1]Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn't be in the games industry."

[size=2]- Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

[size=1][GameDev][C++ Page][Unity Game Engine][Panda3D Game Engine][NeHe Productions][Drunken Hyena][MSDN][Beej's Guide to Network Programming]

[size=1][FreedBSD][My Site][Gamasutra][Khan Acadamey]

Advertisement
Yeah I''m sure you could do that. Check out the tutorials at
http://nehe.gamedev.net
They''re good for getting started and they use the Win32 API to setup the windows and handle events, so it would be familiar to you. Best of luck!
"If all else fails, lower your standards."
ya thats what i started doing.. iam glad i learned some win 32 api before i jumped into his tutorials. thanks

Eric Ranaldi a.k.a RanBlade

[size=1]"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...

[size=1]Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn't be in the games industry."

[size=2]- Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

[size=1][GameDev][C++ Page][Unity Game Engine][Panda3D Game Engine][NeHe Productions][Drunken Hyena][MSDN][Beej's Guide to Network Programming]

[size=1][FreedBSD][My Site][Gamasutra][Khan Acadamey]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement