DirectX 9

Started by
3 comments, last by steg 21 years, 1 month ago
Hi Guys, How many of you have switched over to DX9? I switched over yesterday but now get link errors (duplicate definitions), I''m presuming this is because I''ve not removed the dx8 libs from the linker settings ? Thanks in advance, Steve

If it isn't working, take a bath, have a think and try again...

Advertisement
I just converted my game project to DX9
I too had some linker errors. You should always remember to remove old .libs from the project settings. My game had some strange behaviour because I forgot to do that. Otherwise the conversion was quite simple, just follow the instructions in SDK
Vikke Matikainen
Switching is not bad if you keep all dx related stuff in one place and update that each time new sdk arrives. I too had some linking problems during switching as some functions took more params like that dang NULL handle. Then I had to rename to ...9 functions and change my linking settings but after that it worked fine. I have not found any bugs so far knock of wood
The thing you have to do is have the dx9 includes and libraries as the first place your compiler looks. In VC++ you go to Tools->Options Directories tab. Place the folder for the DX9 Includes at the top of the Include directory, and place the folder for the DX9 Libs on te top of the Libraries directory.

TechleadEnilno, the Ultima 2 projectwww.dr-code.org/enilno
Thanks guys for your input, much appreciated.

Will move the dx9 related libs/includes to the top of the compiler/linker settings tonight.

Steve

If it isn't working, take a bath, have a think and try again...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement