Looking for input API

Started by
2 comments, last by Redge 21 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I'm actually working on a game engine. We use openGL to render graphics. We use openAL to render sounds. And we actually use the windows API to do the input management. I would like to use a non OS specific API to use input (mouse, joystick and keyboard). But I don't find any which is "good" for me, I'd want something specific to input (not like sdl or glut or...). So, if anyone know an API for a such thing, please tell me... thanks Redge [edited by - Redge on March 3, 2003 1:30:53 PM]
Redge
Advertisement
I think there is a project on sourceforge called OpenIL that does what you want. I dont know how developed it is.(its name kind of confusing because DevIL is sometimes called OpenIL)
I dont know whats wrong with SDL. You have the option to just initialize input. And, I cant see why you would try to write cross platform, but not benefit from other things SDL does. Another good one i think is GLFW, and maybe AllegroGL. I have never used those, though. I would never use glut. I have read some source that used glut and it just disappoints me.
SDL ROXXORS!!11
If this was a double post you could always delete it. Take a good hard look at the edit screen.
And so, the evil religion thread stole the wonderful "What the Heck?" thread's throne. Truly a sad day for gamedev.
Thanks 4 all

Redge

PS. I don''t want to use SDL cause I know me. If I use SDL for the input, I''ll look for others artefacts of SDL, so, I''ll test it, I''ll use it, I''ll play with it, and finally I''ll loose a lot of time...

So, I just want something specific for the Input

Thanks again

Redge
Redge

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement