• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snowysoft

Mapping a texture to a gluCylinder

This topic is 5586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering if it possible to place a texture on part of a gluCylinder as opposed to covering the entire surface? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
I think there may be a way to do it using GL_CLAMP instead of GL_REPEAT when loading the texture, i''m not sure tho.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Lukerd.

"To err is human, to really mess up requires a computer"

Hyperdev

quote:
Original post by Lukerd
I think there may be a way to do it using GL_CLAMP instead of GL_REPEAT when loading the texture, i''m not sure tho.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Lukerd.

"To err is human, to really mess up requires a computer"

Hyperdev

Good point - supposedly there''s actually a texture matrix just like the projection or modelview, that might be an option. I haven''t started looking into that though.

I was thinking that if you wanted to animate a flowing river, taking a simple example of like a quad strip you could apply the texture to each quad, then "move" it one pixel and kind of cycle between 0 and 1 that way - can that be done with a texture matrix?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!