Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Games with the best collision detection

This topic is 5396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So which games did you say like, that was really close but it didn't hit, well simply some game that was really good at producing realistic results. [edited by - Coz on March 4, 2003 1:09:51 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
DOOM III

/jerk (a jerk whose actually a jerk thats played the alpha of a thing that might be called a game)

Gran Turismo 3 - hitting walls or cars looked so real, no crossing polys and no hitting air. Add to that the vibration ''impact'' and you have some very realistic collision detection both visually and physically

Gran Turismo 3 - hitting walls or cars looked so real, no crossing polys and no hitting air. Add to that the vibration ''impact'' and you have some very realistic collision detection both visually and physically

Cypher[Ae] - Define reality...

quote:
Original post by Waverider
Carmageddon had great physics. Even if you were on top of a building with one wheel over the edge, your car would teeter.

Definitely.

I think I haven''t seen another game with the collision and the physics of Carmageddon II. Not even carmageddon III

Guest Anonymous Poster
The Karma physics in the new Unreal engine ain''t that bad either :D

quote:

Well, reality is this world so unless your are a stupid stupid person you must understand!!!! just kidding

Well it''s simple. With reality or realistic result I mean that you won''t see ever in the game bouncing from invisible walls or things inside other things where the should not be.

The collision detection and physics in Trespasser was horrible. They sure claimed it was going to be great but it was shit. Try to stack one box on another. They slide, interpenetrate, and bounce, but they sure don''t stack and sit there like nice boxes should.

The GTA games have pretty good collision detection, at least between cars and the environment. I''ve also heard Hitman had a great combination of collision detection and IK for human models, never played it myself though.

quote:
Original post by Coz

Well, reality is this world so unless your are a stupid stupid person you must understand!!!! just kidding

Well it's simple. With reality or realistic result I mean that you won't see ever in the game bouncing from invisible walls or things inside other things where the should not be.

I feel like a dork... that was the signature!

[edited by - Coz on March 5, 2003 8:29:13 PM]