Games with the best collision detection

Started by
13 comments, last by Coz 21 years, 1 month ago
quote:
Cypher[Ae] - Define reality...

Well, reality is this world so unless your are a stupid stupid person you must understand!!!! just kidding

Well it''s simple. With reality or realistic result I mean that you won''t see ever in the game bouncing from invisible walls or things inside other things where the should not be.
Advertisement
UT2003''s Karma. Mind-boggling real physics. Too bad they didn''t use it much in the actual game aside from player deaths.
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
Tresspasser had very nice physics, including collisions, far as I recall. Pity bout the rest of it.
The collision detection and physics in Trespasser was horrible. They sure claimed it was going to be great but it was shit. Try to stack one box on another. They slide, interpenetrate, and bounce, but they sure don''t stack and sit there like nice boxes should.

The GTA games have pretty good collision detection, at least between cars and the environment. I''ve also heard Hitman had a great combination of collision detection and IK for human models, never played it myself though.
quote:Original post by Coz

Cypher[Ae] - Define reality...
Well, reality is this world so unless your are a stupid stupid person you must understand!!!! just kidding

Well it's simple. With reality or realistic result I mean that you won't see ever in the game bouncing from invisible walls or things inside other things where the should not be.

I feel like a dork... that was the signature!

[edited by - Coz on March 5, 2003 8:29:13 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement