Projectile Simulation Formula

Started by
22 comments, last by Razza2003 21 years, 1 month ago
quote:Original post by Enselic
so I''ll let you be a physician wannabe.

lol.. i dont know anything about healing sports injuries..

If you have nothing better to do here than spam posts by insulting me, u should be banned.

All i was doing posting here was trying to help, all you have done is insult me.

Guess you should learn something from this post, dont try to answer topics which you have no clue about

-keyboard
Advertisement
I really want to stop insulting you, but I''ve still got some of my childhood in me so I can''t stop while you keep on picking.

No, I''ll control myself. Here was a nice list of insults but I changed my mind...

Peace to the world.

I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
If we model the projectime as a sphere moving in a fluid (or gas), the accelleration on it is graviy+(drag+upthrust)/mass

Drag is 6*pi*r*n*v where r is radius, v is the relative velocity to the flow of the fluid (vel-flow) and n is the coefficient of viscosity which you can search for and is known for water/air etc.

I forget the formula for upthrust but it''s fairly simple. If you want to be fancy you can include turbulence from spin but it''s hardly worth it.

Be sure to apply forces in all directions, it may be tempting to forget you''re not only dealing with gravity anymore

A Problem Worthy of Attack
Proves It''s Worth by Fighting Back
spraff.net: don't laugh, I'm still just starting...
I was also thinking that mass matters in projectile calculations probably in figuring out the trajectory of something that''s "fired" like from a cannon. See, a cannon will use a certain amount of energy to fire its projectile. For the same amount of energy, a tennis ball will move faster than an iron cannonball.

E = 1/2*m*v^2, ne?

That allows the initial x and y velocities to be found, which acceleration and force can then be applied to.

This isn''''t life in the fast lane, it''''s life in the oncoming traffic.
-- Terry Pratchett
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer,fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about thedouble-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon... -- Terry Pratchett

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement