Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Painless

Direct3D extensions + MinGW

I'm having problems compiling code that uses the Direct3D extensions under MingW32 (gcc version 3.2). The linker gives the error "undefined reference to '_except_list'" a few times and stops. Just Direct3D without D3DX works fine. I'm using DirectX 9. [edited by - Painless on March 4, 2003 8:11:42 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Sorry for bringing up this (really) old topic, but I have the same problem and it is bugging the heck outta me. To be more exact...

I am using Dev C++ and the mingw compiler. I am trying to compile the Direct3D 9 tutorial on matrices. I have "#include <d3dx9.>" and am linking d3dx9, d3d9, and winmm.

I get an "[Linker error] undefined reference to `_except_list''" multipel times and then an "[Linker error] undefined reference to `??2@YAPAXI@Z''" multiple times. The compile log is below.

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe main.o -o "Project1.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows -lwinmm -ld3d9 -ld3dx9

C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/cpudetect.obj)(.text+0x9c):..\cpudetect.cpp: undefined reference to `_except_list''
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/ssefasttable.obj)(.text+0x11):..\ssefasttable.cp: undefined reference to `_except_list''
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/ssefasttable.obj)(.text+0x19):..\ssefasttable.cp: undefined reference to `_except_list''
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/ssefasttable.obj)(.text+0x75):..\ssefasttable.cp: undefined reference to `_except_list''
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/ssefasttable.obj)(.text+0x11):..\ssefasttable.cp: undefined reference to `_except_list''
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/ssefasttable.obj)(.text+0x19):..\ssefasttable.cp: more undefined references to `_except_list'' follow

C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/d3dx9dbg.obj)(.text+0x19):..\d3dx9dbg.cpp: undefined reference to `??2@YAPAXI@Z''
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/d3dx9dbg.obj)(.text+0x21):..\d3dx9dbg.cpp: undefined reference to `??2@YAPAXI@Z''
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/d3dx9dbg.obj)(.text+0x3e):..\d3dx9dbg.cpp: undefined reference to `??3@YAXPAX@Z''
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/d3dx9dbg.obj)(.text+0x4d):..\d3dx9dbg.cpp: undefined reference to `??3@YAXPAX@Z''
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libd3dx9.a(obj/i386/d3dx9dbg.obj)(.text+0x55):..\d3dx9dbg.cpp: undefined reference to `??3@YAXPAX@Z''

make.exe: *** [Project1.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

Am I supposed to link another library or include something else (or take away a library)? What else could cause the problem? Thanks in advance!!!

Guest Anonymous Poster
This is really bugging me. Could someone please help me? Thanks.