Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motion blurr effects

This topic is 5397 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

anyone have any working code that creates the motion blur effect? I have tried making it, but whenever I do it, the entire program slows to a crawl........ so, some working code would be nice, thank you bloodright.150m.com //For the latest on all of the IVGDA projects!

You can fake it by doing "ghosting".. after rendering each frame, copy it to a texture, and after drawing the next frame, blend the previous frame over the top of it, but not too much.

Rendering to a texture can be used for many useful effects, including predator-like invisibility

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack

Then again - rendering the frame to a texture once slowed my program down by ~50%. I''d be careful with it if you only have a small number of polys that you want to blur (eg a box).

Just something to keep in mind.

Crispy

quote:
Original post by K-1
There''s always the accumulation buffer too, assuming you know how to manipulate it.

---
K-1 Productions: Come visit us here.

But the accumulation buffer is very, very slow, and not that often hardware supported, so you might want to avoid it.

Doing what I suggested works fine no matter what the background colour is. I do it in the Quake2 engine, and it works fine.

Screenshot here

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack