• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slick_r1ck

Can anyone help - issue with DirectDraw 7...

This topic is 5586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm writing a simple 2D top-down driving game using DirectDraw 7. I've written a simple tile engine that works smoothly, running at a frame rate equal to the monitor's refresh rate. I developed it when I had the 41.09 nVidia drivers loaded for my GeForce 4 video card. However, after installing newer drivers (42.68, 43.00) from nVidia, the game runs extremely poorly, very choppy and slow. I would appromimate that it is now running at about 5 fps - this is on an Athlon XP 2000+ with the aforementioned GeForce 4. If I revert back to the 41.09 drivers, the game works perfectly. Anyone have any ideas why these newer drivers don't work properly with DirectDraw 7? Thanks for any help... [edited by - slick_r1ck on March 4, 2003 7:31:35 PM]

Advertisement
Hi

Thanks for the response. I''m aware that they are beta drivers, but I wouldn''t have thought they could have screwed up anything so trivial as DirectDraw 7 in a new driver.

I just don''t want my game to stop working on every future nVidia card...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!