• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rubberkidney

ASE loader

This topic is 5592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im writing an ASE loader, and it works fine...until i try to read in texture coordinates..the first problem i see is that there are more texture coordinates than there are vertices...i dont know how that works but if someone has some advice it would be helpful. Thanks : )

Advertisement
if u think about it, the texture coordinates are directly related to the faces, not to the vertices. so u would require 3 tverts for each triangle. NOT 1 tvert for each vert. so number of faces x 3 == number of uv coords.

I thought about that, but I''m using a vertex buffer, so this means I would have to dramatically increase the number of vertices in the buffer...I would like to avoid that if at all possible. Thanks for the idea though : ) any other ideas?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!