Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tscott1213

Linear Programming for Windows

I just finished reading about a linear programming model for windows game programming in "Game Programming Gems 2" and I was wondering: 1)Has anyone implemented such a model and any positives/negatives from that experience 2) Does anyone know of any commercial Windows-based games that were implemented using a linear model. Thanks for the input Todd

Hey,
Yeh, i have used the model. Without re-writing the game code to use the standard model, i could not tell any * difference in fps generally - only that in coding style. The linear style allows for me to do some things more easily - have local state variable instead having to keep * track of the state of an object. It also presented some limitations as well.
Having looked at it, i would probably say that given good programming structure, there would probably not be much to be gained from using the linear * structure, but, not having enough experience constructure good game structure, it offered some benefits to me.

Aface

[excessive]

[edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on March 5, 2003 11:49:07 PM]

Aface must have some sort of brain tumor. Why else would he use the ''f'' word so many times for no obvious reason?

Personally, I can''t see any reason for it. It doesn''t SEEM to make anything better... I guess it could. I just don''t understand how right now.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Personally, I like to use VB when I code because of the following reasons:

1. It is easy for me to understand because I am not a very good programmer
2. It in windows so all I have to do is click a few buttons
3. It runs exceptionally fast, quicker than C so I get absolute performance

I also have this excellent idea where I will be implementing an FTP module in my code to download updates from time to time. IT IS THE BEST THING EVER

Thanks guys - if you need any coding tips, just ask me