• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does one....

This topic is 5465 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

create surfaces in directdraw7 with a pallete with only 2 colors in it? This would come in hand if I''d like my program to read in monochrome bitmaps, and store them in a memory efficient way. These bitmaps might be used for masking or whatever... The point is: I don''t get them to work...if I try to blit from these surfaces to my 8bit backbuffer, I get an DDERR_UNSUPPORTED. Any clues? Aren''t they supported? Source: // Describe this surface memset(&ddsd, 0, sizeof(ddsd)); ddsd.dwSize = sizeof(ddsd); ddsd.dwFlags = DDSD_CAPS | DDSD_HEIGHT | DDSD_WIDTH | DDSD_PIXELFORMAT; ddsd.ddsCaps.dwCaps = DDSCAPS_OFFSCREENPLAIN; ddsd.dwHeight = bmp->InfoHeader.biHeight; ddsd.dwWidth = bmp->InfoHeader.biWidth; ddsd.ddpfPixelFormat.dwSize = sizeof(ddsd.ddpfPixelFormat); ddsd.ddpfPixelFormat.dwFlags = DDPF_RGB | DDPF_PALETTEINDEXED1; ddsd.ddpfPixelFormat.dwRGBBitCount = 1; Greets, Tristan

Advertisement

• Advertisement