Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamboBones

Car physics

RamboBones    102
Hey, Does anyone know of some decent tutorials on car physics are. I''m trying to write a car game and the tutorials in the reference section were just a bit over the top for what I need, place I don''t understand all that mathematical mumbo jumbo , I prefer real sample code. I tried google but didn''t find anything good, could''ve been the searches I tried :S.

UlfLivoff    122
When I was working on an airplane simulator, I stumbled across a book named something like "how to make a car simulator".

It explained every topic individually and in detail - friction between wheels and road and so on.

I suggest you go to a technical university and ask the librarian after a book on this or search on-line paper databases.

Anyway I know it''s out there somewhere but I don''t remember the author -I think it''s a swedish book.

Well ... for what it''s worth, that''s just about everything I have to say about that...

Ulf

csarridge    122
Try this page

It is quite big and seems comprehensive covering pretty much everything you might need.

http://home.planet.nl/~monstrous/tutcar.html

If you don''t understand the basic maths and physics in a tutorial then you''re going to have an even harder time when it comes to understanding source code IMHO. If you''re really struggling with the maths then checkout the GameDev tutorials.

-- Chris