Car physics

Started by
2 comments, last by RamboBones 21 years, 1 month ago
Hey, Does anyone know of some decent tutorials on car physics are. I''m trying to write a car game and the tutorials in the reference section were just a bit over the top for what I need, place I don''t understand all that mathematical mumbo jumbo , I prefer real sample code. I tried google but didn''t find anything good, could''ve been the searches I tried :S.
Advertisement
theres a few tutorials on this site.. check articles and resources.. maths and physics section
-keyboard
When I was working on an airplane simulator, I stumbled across a book named something like "how to make a car simulator".

It explained every topic individually and in detail - friction between wheels and road and so on.

I suggest you go to a technical university and ask the librarian after a book on this or search on-line paper databases.

Anyway I know it''s out there somewhere but I don''t remember the author -I think it''s a swedish book.

Well ... for what it''s worth, that''s just about everything I have to say about that...

Ulf

Try this page

It is quite big and seems comprehensive covering pretty much everything you might need.

http://home.planet.nl/~monstrous/tutcar.html

If you don''t understand the basic maths and physics in a tutorial then you''re going to have an even harder time when it comes to understanding source code IMHO. If you''re really struggling with the maths then checkout the GameDev tutorials.

-- Chris

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement