Books on windows API

Started by
6 comments, last by BlackBox 21 years, 1 month ago
Is there any good book on windows api? or any good reference book? Thanks in advance! ---------------------------- ^_^
---------------------------- ^_^
Advertisement
Hi BlackBox,

By windows api I assume you mean the win32 api?

Charles Petzold's Programming Windows, The Definitive Guide to the Win32 API is really regarded as the definitive guide to the win32 api and windows programming . Pretty much everyone that has programmed win32 seriously has read it or at least heard of it

Note however, that his code examples are in C (he states his reasons for doing this in the book). However if you read the reviews on amazon it's clear that people with only a basic knowledge of C will still find it readable.

Hope this helps.

[edited by - Fingolfin on March 5, 2003 6:14:58 PM]
That is definitely a great reference...I have read most of it and am working on finishing it up...Really, the C code is not that difficult since C++ fully supports C you should get familiar with C anyways...
Definitely go with Petzold''s book. I recommended this book a few days ago in another forum. It is awesome.

Quaggy
I check amazon (UK) and they have two books:
Programming Windows, The Definitive Guide to the Win32 API
Programming Windows with C, The Definitive Guide to the Win32 API

I think they are the same, or Im wrong?

Cheers for your answers!

----------------------------
^_^
Well if you go by the title you could make the assumption that they are two different books on the same topic, by the same author...But, looking closer they are the same on amazon
36.99 pounds! Great.

Thank everyone.

----------------------------
^_^
ISBN 1-57231-995-X

What a book!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement