Lisp

Started by
22 comments, last by The Reindeer Effect 21 years, 1 month ago
Python doesnt compile unless you count byte compiling...
Advertisement
quote:Original post by flangazor
I know I would. I have been reading the lsp files for GCL, but the Tk interaction won''t work. Send is in the tk package; so I am having trouble trying the (send `foo `bar `baz) you mentioned in another thread.

Are you using another distrobution''s ffi when you talk about "send" and other inter-process communicating functions?

I''m not sure what you''re referring to, you''ll have to jog my memory. For the record, I haven''t used Lisp with Tk, so I probably don''t know the answer to your question.
quote:Original post by RedSweater
Python doesnt compile unless you count byte compiling...

I can''t be sure, but I think that was his sig.
quote:Original post by The Reindeer Effect
Why, did I fart and make you giggle? If I was joking around, I would have done it somewhere more appropriate.

I was referring to your suggestion that most Lisp posts "don''t go too far into details". There''s been a few Lisp threads lately, and some of them have been very long. Amongst the petty squabbling, I''ve gone into reasonable detail. Maybe you are really asking for something different?
In the ''Whats the deal with XML'' thread, you mentioned
(setf `(msg (....)))

I confused it with actual code you may or may not have used to pack messages.

Later on, however, you say

quote:That doesn''t necessarily follow. It could have been any format, it just happened to be XML. For example, I''ve recently written a COM server in C++ which can generate s-expressions. I have a Lisp process which connects as a COM client and grabs s-expressions from the server and puts them into a Lisp read-eval loop. It works *really* well.

I would be /very/ interested in knowing how to do this. -is it Allegro dll''s? Corman ffi? I can''t seem to figure it out using GCL.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement