FAQ updated: resource section added

Started by
23 comments, last by Yann L 20 years, 7 months ago
You did such a nice job, that even a lurker will thank you.

Who knows what noobie lurks in the hearts of forum members?
The Anonymous Poster knows!
Advertisement
I remarked in the "Ship waves" thread that the link to the Loviscach article in the FAQ appears to be dead. I do not have an updated link. Loviscach has a new paper, "Complex water effects at interactive frame rates" (2003) at http://www.l7h.cn/publications/publications.html (direct link is http://wscg.zcu.cz/wscg2003/Papers_2003/B02.pdf ). Worth adding to the FAQ, imho.
Ah yes, thanks for pointing this out. Dead links are always a problem, I would really like to mirror all papers listed in the FAQ, but that would unfortunately be copyright infringement (unless I get permission by every single author... ugh...)

Anyway, I have added his new paper, I just flew over it, it actually looks quite nice. I still kept the link to his convolution paper (marked it as offline), I''ll try to hunt down a copy. I''d like to keep a working link onto it, because from a mathematical point of view, it was pretty interesting.
Thank you, Yann.

The graphics theory forum has always been the most reliable source of information for me, thanks to you.

Best rgds, Nik

Niko Suni

You're welcome.

BTW, about this Loviscach paper: I was just working through the large backlog of unread mail that accumulated during my vacation, and came accross a mail by Loviscach who sent me a link to his new paper for FAQ inclusion. I took the opportunity to ask him about his convolution paper. Should there be an online version available, I'll update the link. If not, I'll remove it.

Update: Apparently, the convolution paper was never officially published online, and the site it used to be available on was illegally distributing it. So I removed the link from the FAQ. Loviscach specifically confirmed me that his new paper is official and can be linked to, so it should probably stay online a little longer than the first. It's pretty good, btw, go and read it

[edited by - Yann L on August 29, 2003 8:16:14 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement