visual studio .net compile release

Started by
10 comments, last by supagu 21 years, 1 month ago
right, i have .net, when i goto compile it includes debug dll''s, so it only works on pc''s who have visual studio, when i build a release, it also includes these anoyying dll''s and so... only works on pc''s wh ohave dll''s, so how do i stop it including these dll''s so it can work on other peoples pc''s?
Advertisement
from the microsoft website:

"Non-developers need to install the .NET Framework to run applications developed using the .NET Framework.

In most cases, the creator of an application will alert you if you need to install the .NET Framework Redistributable to run the application. However, with the number of .NET Framework-connected applications on the market growing rapidly, we encourage you to install the latest version of the .NET Framework Redistributable if you haven''t already."

guess i''m going back to vc6 then :''(

Probably it isn''t the .NET dlls that is the problem, but the Microsoft C-runtime, and that one is a (or can be used as) dll on MSVC 6 too.

Either use the tools ''Dependency walker'' to see which dlls you need to redistribute, or change the settings of your project to use either ''Singlethreaded'' or ''Multithreaded'' (without the word dll) and also make sure you don''t link against mfc, atl or any other of those libs.
Since VS.NET is a new version of the compiler, the runtime dlls are also newer. Users will need to have MSVCP70.DLL and MSVCRT70.DLL (possibly others as well, like the newer MFC DLL) to be able to run VS.NET applications. It was the same when VS 6 came out - none of the current operating systems include the required runtime DLLs by default (since they didn''t exist when the operating systems were released) so you need to either include them with your application, or get your users to download them separately.

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.

Hi

I had the same problem. When creating a new project, you can choose between "managed" and "unmanaged" ones. Only the managed projects create EXEs, that require the NET-Framework to be installed.
Try using an unmanaged project.

Hope that helps
i just went back to vc6 it works fine now,
save the hassel and not install .net for a looong time ;P
As others have told you, this has nothing to do with .NET per se.

And why are you distributing Debug builds anyway?

"If there is a God, he is a malign thug."
-- Mark Twain
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
even on release mode, visual studio .net includes special debug dll''s included in the .net frame work i guess.
even on release mode, visual studio .net includes special debug dll''s included in the .net frame work i guess.
If the issue concerns linking with the Microsoft Visual C Runtime (MSVCRT.DLL), then there are certain analogous functions that you can use to eliminate dependency on the MSVCRT library. I think.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement