Visual Studio 6.0 C/C++ Bug ?

Started by
25 comments, last by Estor 21 years, 1 month ago
I love reading responses to people who fall for things like that . Quite amusing.
Advertisement
Well, that took a turn for the worse. All ego battles aside, I can say that I ran into that same thing long ago, and did the research. Turns out that C++ does you a favor by "optimizing" that string making it a literal that is compiled into your object output. Just try to change it and wammo you get a nice exception

declaring it as an array will help that, or simply do this:

//instead of thischar* thisIsBorked = "Borked";//do this:#include <string>using std::string;string thisIsBorked("Borked");thisIsBorked[3] = ''A'';//or, if you feel C like that day you can do this:char* thisIsBorked = new char[6];strcpy(thisIsBorked,"Borked");//see if  you can call delete [] on this ;)  

ahh, fun with your friendly neighborhood C++ compiler

============================A guy, some jolt, and a whole lot of code :)
quote:Original post by YodaTheCoda
estor i am compeled to note that your spelling is atrosious. how cvan you expect to become a good programer when your gramar skills are so obsenely limited?

No Yoda, I am compelled to note that your spelling is atrocious . How can you expect to become a good programmer when your grammar skills are so obscenely limited?

Pretty ironic to me.

"Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

[edited by - mds_79 on March 7, 2003 1:36:57 PM]
quote:Original post by mds_79
Original post by YodaTheCoda
estor i am compeled to note that your spelling is atrosious. how cvan you expect to become a good programer when your gramar skills are so obsenely limited?

No Yoda, I am compelled to note that your spelling is atrocious . How can you expect to become a good programmer when your grammar skills are so obscenely limited?

Pretty ironic to me.

[edited by - mds_79 on March 7, 2003 1:36:57 PM]

Hehe… if you find irony in the obviously made-up bad spelling just to make a point then you need to rework your sense of irony.
I did not see it as an obvious case of misspelling. Many other of his posts contain the same level of grammar. What I do see is a demonstration of man's folly.

[edited by - mds_79 on March 7, 2003 2:31:52 PM]
quote:What I do see is a demonstration of man''s folly.

are you going to talk about jesus or buda now
quote:"Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

you said that alredy dumass dont u no duobleposting is not alowed on this place. just a pese (i dont no if i speled that rite) of frendly advise

to the one who was swearing this does bnot hwelp anyone ok
its just stupid it seems that no one can say anything any more when they are nbot sweari9ng so dont make things harder
Did daddy not buy you a new car?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement