Light Bending...

Started by
1 comment, last by Jason2Jason 21 years, 1 month ago
Hey. I''m making a logo, right now its just got text repeated. I want to add a light bending effect (that inlarges and bends the image behind the ''mask''), but i''d also like to do this in the shape of the letter ''K''. I''m using Paint Shop Pro 5, but i don''t think that does anything that complex. Does any one know of any programs that could help me do this? Preferbly free ones. I have done a search on google but i could not fim anything. Also please note I do not mean Lens Flare effect (some people got confused about that when i asked them) Thanks, -J
Advertisement
other than hand drawing it, you could use a 3D app. Model your ''K'' and use a volumetric light on it. Be sure there is some kind of backdrop to catch the shadow.
That would make the proper shadow behind it and depending on where your light is, the more or less ''bending'' you''ll get.
Is that what you''re after?
Good sugestion, but i didnt exactly want a fully lit scence with shodows and everything, just the light bending effect. Doesn anyone know of a free program to do this in?

-J

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement