Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McMcDonald

GamePark 32 (GP32)

Fast processor, big video memory buffer, no hardware support for anything 2D or 3D. If that sounds good to you (it doesn''t to me, I''ve had my fill of software rendering & rasterizing), then google for the info.

------------
- outRider -

Guest Anonymous Poster
the GP32 is a nice handheld... but if you''re asking these questions because you''re wondering if you''re gonna make any money developing games for it... well, having to ask the question should be answer enough for you. Do you see GP32 in stores here? No. Does anyone other than the odd geeky coder know what a GP32 is? No. So, if you want to make money, GP32 isn''t where it''s at.

HOWEVER.

If you simply want to strengthen your coding knowledge, or want a handheld that''s potentially multiple times more powerful than the next competitor, than the GP32 is for you. The GP32 is appealing BECAUSE of its homebrewed software. You can get emulators for it, MP3 and video players, I mean, the thing is basically a little computer. Things like this don''t usually have a deep saturation, but they do have a dedicated community, meaning if you buy a GP32 today, you can bet that LONG after commercial games stop being produced for it, there''ll always be software on the net for it.