Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

otto77

Visual C++ Question

otto77    122
I''m not exactly sure how to describe this problem... In Microsoft Visual C++ (version 6), when you start a new project from scratch, it seems like the program will "remember" all of your classes, functions, members, etc.. - and will offer up hints as you are typing. So..say you have a function defined: void Function(int a); Then whereever you are coding, when you type "Function(" - the program will show a litte pop-up box containing the definition of the function. Or...if you have a struct: struct MY_STRUCT { int a; int b; int c; }; and then you declare a member variable of that struct type: MY_STRUCT m_MyStruct; When you start typing: "m_MyStruct." - the program will show a pop-up box showing all of the members available in that struct. So..here''s my problem: I reaaallly like this little feature of the program, but I do a lot of cutting and pasting between projects, and it seems that after a certain point, the program will stop doing it for me. So..how can I get this to continue? I hope that I have explained this well enough for people to know what I''m talking about. Thanks!

ex4st    115
Close your project and delete the yourpoject.ncb file in your project directory.
VC++ will build a new (and correct) database the next time you will load your project.

LiquidNRG    122
Or stop it with the cut and pasting and code like a real man lol

==========================
It compiles.... ship it!!!
==========================